It's that time of year again! Fall fabulousness in the form of Pear Margaritas!
As much as I hate to see the summer go (I prefer the beach), I always love the start to fall. Perfect temp for a morning run, snuggly, over-sized sweaters, Turkey Chili, and any reason to make a fall cocktail :) Our annual pumpkin carving night is coming up and I really wanted to up my cocktail game (bc that’s obviously the most important part of the pumpkin carving). And one thing I know for sure is that your girl can make a DELISH cocktail.
BUT, before we get into the cocktail, just want to share a picture of last year's pumpkin contest.. can you guess which one was mine? Hint: I am a cat lady.
Back to Fall deliciousness, last winter, I had sweet yet tarte, savory but light, perfectly fall tasting Pear Margarita. I've been thinking about it ever since. So I decided I wanted to create my own version. I googled some recipes, tweaked while I was making it, and below is my twist on this drink. SO happy I tried this, this is going to me my go- to cocktail for all our fall events.
This lemon squeezer is easy and efficient. It’s pretty inexpensive and it’s definitely been a game changer in our kitchen. Also, love that it's easy for lemons or limes. I would recommend this to everyone and mine was purchased on Amazon. You can find it: here.
Hope you enjoy this fall Margarita as much as I do!
- 1 ½ oz reposado tequila (I used Espolons reposado tequila)
- 3-4 ounces pear nectar (I prefer Goya)
- Tiny dash of cinnamon
- One drop vanilla extract
- Light drizzle of honey
- Half of a lemon, juiced
- Pear slices, to garnish (optional)
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in the tequila and pear nectar. Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and honey to the glass. Squeeze in half a lemon’s worth of juice.
- Mix by pouring back and forth between the cocktail shaker and your desired glass, then finish by pouring into the glass. Garnish with another dash of cinnamon and some pear slice and enjoy!